Monday, March 21, 2011

Creative Post- Barbie Doll

To a Barbie Doll, Dear Barbie Doll, Where do I begin? Do I talk about you’re perfect looks or you’re perfect attitude? Do I start by telling you that you are what little girls aspire to be? Do I tell you that you are what the men of the world want their wives to look and act like? You are a celebrity in every way. Never once is you’re hair not perfect. Never once is you’re make up smudged. Never once do you need to complain of having big fat legs or a big nose. No. You are Barbie. You are perfection. I can’t help but wonder what you are feeling on the inside. What does it feel like to be so perfect Barbie? Other girls have to go around apologizing for how they look but not you. Other girls may be as healthy as they get but what does that matter if they do not look as beautiful and sexy as you? Even the girls who are intelligent come to realize that they will never be much unless they look and act like you. What is your secret Barbie? How can you just smile and act perfect while Ken controls you? How do you act perfect when you do not feel that way? How did you become so perfect? Barbie, will any other girl ever grow to be as perfect as you? Is there any hope? No. I don’t think those girls should even try to be like you Barbie. I think that if they are having a bad hair day, they should smile. If they are told that they are ugly they should tell themselves how beautiful they truly are. Not everyone has to look like you Barbie. Perfection is highly over rated. I think those girls should know that their husbands don’t control them. They are free to act and think as they choose. You see Barbie, we are not like you. We have the power to walk away from the negativity but you will always be in the midst of it. The reason you show no emotions is that you are plastic. That is why you are perfect. Just as you’re creator made you, so did our Creator make us. So thank you Barbie for the fun we had when I was young. Thank you for the lessons you have taught me. I hope you learn to stand up for yourself but if not, at least you will still be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment